When I vote on an issue on opengov, I can't change it later if I change my mind. I propose that users should have the capability to remove or change their vote on an issue. In order to maintain accountability, their voting history on that issue should be accessible with the times of their changes.
I propose that comments include a link to the original article when displayed separately from the article.
The current revision system allows several opportunities for fraud and abuse. It is also inconsistent and encourages people to post duplicates for minor improvements.
I propose that:
The title, description, and Why is This Idea Important sections should be able to be revised.
A history of changes should be viewable for each post.
Currently, this site is very useful, but is lacking important features from other social networking websites. I would like to see:
* Private messaging
* Expanded profiles (interests, description of personal philosophies)
* Subscriptions to specific people's ideas
* Subscriptions to specific people's votes
* Subscriptions to specific people's comments
* Subscriptions to specific ideas