FACA committee rules should be revised in several areas.
1. At a minimum each committee should have a web page that provides explanatory materials about the Committee's mission, charge and agenda.
2. The web page should allow outside groups to post materials and offer input on the items being considered.
3. Committee meetings should be broadcast on streaming video over the web.
4. Materials should be archived for a substantial period of time, especially if the committee is playing a vital role in formulating regulatory policy at the agency level.
5. Online dialogues should be considered to supplement a broader discussion of ideas and take the process outside the Beltway.