WHAT IS IT?
The State of Grace Document is a new way to build, sustain and transition business and personal relationships with trust and respect. You personally write it along with those involved, preferably at the beginning of the relationship. It captures what draws each individual to the situation, your personal preferences and expectations; and it provides a path back to peace if the need arises. It is often being used to replace or enhance traditional legal contracts.
THE 5 COMPONENTS OF A STATE OF GRACE DOCUMENT
1. The Story of Us — Share what draws you to these people and this situation.
2. Interaction Styles and Warning Signs — The “blueprint of me,” how I work best, what I look like on a good day/bad day, and what I might need that I couldn’t ask for in the moment.
3. Expectations — Core values and non-negotiables, the structure you need to create and sustain this relationship.
4. Questions to Return to Peace — A tool to return to peace if the need arises, makes the difficult times shorter and easier.
5. Long-Term Timeframe — How long you’re willing to go before you make peace. An agreement of no outright harm, a willingness to keep an open window if the unimaginable happens.
WHO'S USING IT AND WHEN
The State of Grace Document is currently being used in communities, corporations, small businesses, non-profits, government agencies, churches, families, schools, between boards of directors, project teams, coalitions, business partners, couples, friends, siblings, etc. in countries around the world. Because it is a framework upon which to share the “blueprint of me” with others, it can be used within any relationship situation that exists, and with as many people as are involved. It creates effortless communication and easy day-to-day interactions that reduce stress and enhance overall emotional and physical health. People around the globe say it is an idea whose time has come.
Visit the website (www.StateOfGraceDocument.com) to download sample Documents and learn to create your own.
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.