Multi-criteria decision support is a technique that supports wiser and more inclusive decisions. It
-Gives more people the opportunity to comment in a more accessible and powerful way. (See, for example, http://gsnmvibe.ecr.gov/hike , and go to the “weigh in” section or see http://www.decisioncafe.com/ccwes/ .)
- Separates values from science
- Can be fully collaborative from the workshop-based creation of the decision framework to the online and workshop discussion of alternatives, values and science inputs to the model
- Assesses which areas of research or discussion would be most likely to lead to a stronger decision (sensitivity analysis)
- Is a unique self-learning opportunity (see http://gsnmvibe.ecr.gov/hike, and go to the “test drive” side)
- Provides for utterly transparent reporting, including the logic chain leading up to the decision
For more information, please go to http://www.infoharvest.com/ihroot/infoharv/docs/ECR%20MCDS%20Final.pdf or see www.foxmediation.com or www.infoharvest.com.
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.