Multi-criteria decision support is a technique that supports wiser and more inclusive decisions. It
-Gives more people the opportunity to comment in a more accessible and powerful way. (See, for example, http://gsnmvibe.ecr.gov/hike , and go to the “weigh in” section or see http://www.decisioncafe.com/ccwes/ .)
- Separates values from science
- Can be fully collaborative from the workshop-based creation of the decision framework to the online and workshop discussion of alternatives, values and science inputs to the model
- Assesses which areas of research or discussion would be most likely to lead to a stronger decision (sensitivity analysis)
- Is a unique self-learning opportunity (see http://gsnmvibe.ecr.gov/hike, and go to the “test drive” side)
- Provides for utterly transparent reporting, including the logic chain leading up to the decision
For more information, please go to http://www.infoharvest.com/ihroot/infoharv/docs/ECR%20MCDS%20Final.pdf or see www.foxmediation.com or www.infoharvest.com.