Creating a more open government will require most federal agencies to fundamentally shift how they interact with the public. Within 180 days, agencies should produce a plan to integrate public involvement and collaboration into all relevant systems, including:
• Hiring, recruiting and promotion
• Performance agreements and appraisal
• Award and incentive systems
• Rotations and special assignments
• Program assessment and audits
• Training and leadership development programs
• Communications strategies
• Strategic planning and budget processes
Every agency should designate a senior level leader to serve as an open government champion. The champion will review agency operations and identify areas to improve public participation, collaboration and transparency activities. The agency champion will serve an on interagency working group to share best practices across agencies.
Voting on Ideas
Vote for your favorite ideas by clicking on the up arrow.To undo an upvote, simply click the arrow again. This second click removes your vote.